"Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet." - Thich Nhat Hanh
Sharon completes basic, advanced, and diabetic footcare. She specializes in advanced filing techniques with the newest technology and state-of-the-art equipment using a patient-centered approach.
Sharon uses a Rotatool high-speed vacuum integrated rotary file machine with an LED light at the end of the hand piece to ensure a clear visual field of work. She uses a vast variety of podiatry burs and medical grade tools to get the best results for her clients.
Sharon continues to educate herself about and using the latest footcare equipment, combining new technologies with the advice and expertise of trusted footcare nurse educators who are at the forefront of their field.
What you can expect from your Nursing Medical Footcare Appointment at Active Alignment
- Complete foot assessment to identify obvious foot problems with documentation of normal and abnormal findings
- Creation and implementation of a plan of care for the individual clients needs
- Reduction of corn’s, callus’, fissures, and fungal or thickened toenails as required
- Implementation of the client’s individual care plan using the newest medical high-speed vacuum integrated rotary file machine and various other podiatry medical grade instruments
- Complete diabetic foot assessment including neuropathy assessment with monofilament testing
List of Treatments and Services Offered:
- Basic nail and footcare
- Diabetic footcare
- Heel fissures
- Fungal toenails
- Thickened toenails
- Treatment of high-risk feet
- Referrals and recommendations as needed
- All instruments area cleansed, rinsed, and disinfected prior to packaging and sterilization with a medical autoclave.
- Mobile home visits available for certain circumstances - call or email to book.
- Payment of cash, cheque, or e-transfer only. Clients are responsible for their own insurance coverage and receipts will be given.